Sunday, August 19, 2007

Z-Gel to the rescue!


Sceptical about anything that mixes up a whole load of remedies into one convenient package, I was never-the-less quite intrigued by Z-Gel (pictured), not least because of its amazing retro packaging (I'm a sucker for anything in a great package). I took a little sample home from our local health food shop as they were recommending it for thrush, and I had been asked for advice on this by a few of my patients recently. The patient I gave it to called up and sang its praises, having already been out to purchase a tube.

As it contains the ingredients for rescue remedy, it can be used for anxiety, shock and general stress. It can even be used as a sexual lubricant! (although a rather expensive one). The beauty of it with regard to thrush is that it's a lot less messy than smearing yogurt on, has none of the menthol sting of tee tree oil and can be carried in your handbag (or man bag - don't want to discriminate here).

So if any of you fancy getting a tube and trying it out, I'd love to hear what you think. If you can't find it in your local health shop, try calling Kinetic on 0845 072 5825 or visit the french website www.mint-elabs.com . I'm not receiving a commission from Z-Gel (if only!) and apparently even French doctors think its ok.